Suffering an injury that has lasting long-term effects can drastically change someone’s quality of life, leaving the victim physically and mentally suffering for an extended period of time. Long-term chronic injuries can include spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, amputations, severe burns, chronic pain conditions, and other debilitating conditions.
If you have suffered a long-term injury due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to claim compensation. Long-term injuries can significantly impact your life and compensation can help cover medical treatment, lost earnings, rehabilitation and other expenses.
If you wish to make a claim regarding a long-term injury or are looking for more information on the topic, please do not hesitate to contact Major Trauma Group today.
Common types of long-term injuries
- Spinal cord injuries: Can result in paralysis, loss of sensation, or loss of motor function. The long-term effects may require ongoing medical care, rehabilitation, assistive devices, and modifications to living spaces.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): Severe TBIs can lead to cognitive impairments, memory loss, personality changes, and physical disabilities.
- Amputations: Losing a limb can have significant long-term consequences, requiring prosthetics, specialised medical care, physical therapy, and lifestyle adjustments.
- Severe burns: Extensive burns can cause chronic pain, disfigurement, scarring, and psychological trauma. Treatment often involves multiple surgeries and rehabilitation.
- Chronic pain conditions: Conditions like complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), fibromyalgia, or chronic back pain can cause long-term pain and disability.
- Sports-related injuries: Sports injuries can often cause broken bones, anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries and hamstring strains to name but a few. Many common sports injuries are minor and recoverable in the short term, but complex breaks and ACL injuries can have long-lasting effects on the athlete.
Making a claim for a long-term injury with MTG
Our expert panel of lawyers are highly knowledgeable in this area of the law and can offer assistance to clients wishing to pursue a claim for a long-term injury.
There are several things you can do to help the claims process run smoothly, such as keeping a record of all medical expenses you have incurred as a result of your injury, as well as a record of any lost earnings. In addition, general evidence, such as photographs and witness statements of the accident that caused your injuries are also highly beneficial and can significantly strengthen your case.
Our lawyers will then work with all the relevant facts and evidence you are able to provide to determine the party that is liable for your injuries and calculate the extent of damages you are entitled to make a claim for.
Rehabilitation for long-term injuries
At Major Trauma Group, we are highly passionate about the benefits and accessibility of rehabilitation treatments. We strongly believe that early access to rehabilitation can further a claimant’s chances of making a full recovery and regaining some quality of life that they lost due to their injuries.
Having access to specialist private health care beyond NHS support can make all the difference in how and when your injury may start to heal and feel better. Suffering from a long-term injury can sometimes mean you will never fully recover, but rehabilitation can enable you to strengthen your abilities to make life as full as possible.
Through the Rehabilitation Code funding or interim payments, our lawyers can ensure your unique needs regarding treatment are taken care of, allowing you to focus on your health and learning to adapt to a new way of life.
Rehabilitation treatments could include physical therapy, psychological rehabilitation, occupational therapy, speech therapy and home modifications, to name but a few.
How can Major Trauma Group help?
Our member firms at Major Trauma Group consist of highly reputable law firms across the UK, all of whom are experts in the area of personal injury claims. We are dedicated to securing the best financial outcomes for our clients alongside expert rehabilitation treatments.
Our legal professionals understand the toll long-term injuries can have on our clients, and we work hard to take some of the stress away at what will already be a difficult and emotionally taxing time.
We offer our services on a no win no fee basis, meaning you do not need to worry about the costs associated with making a claim.
If you would like to speak to a member of our team to find out how we can assist you regarding claiming for a long-term injury, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us today. You can contact us on 0330 311 2578 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, we have a live chat feature on our website, which you can utilise to request a call back.