The UK network of specialist serious injury solicitors supporting people after life-changing injury

A cycle and a wheelchair cross a bridge in a park illustrating the importance of making a claim with experienced major trauma solicitors


How can I transfer my claim to a personal injury solicitor experienced with major trauma?

Experienced major trauma solicitors are experts in cases with complex injuries but not all solicitors are experienced with major trauma. Tim Jones looks at how to change to a major trauma specialist solicitor.

You may want to change your personal injury solicitor. You may have been told that you do not have a case and you want a second opinion. Alternatively, you may feel that your current personal injury solicitor is not doing the things that are needed to progress your claim.

Frequently, especially where the injuries sustained are complex, people making a personal injury claim want a solicitor that specialises in major trauma. They require an experienced solicitor who understands the effects of the injuries and the importance of early rehabilitation.

Poor communication with your solicitor

Your solicitor should be communicating with you about all aspects of your claim. They should be talking to you about your rehabilitation in a holistic way and ensuring that your rehabilitation plan is sufficient and being met, including any vocational rehabilitation you may need. They should always be addressing with you whether you require interim payments to pay for what you need and for what you have lost and are continuing to lose financially. This may not be happening.

Solicitors specialised in major trauma

Major trauma injuries are often complex and life-changing. Solicitors experienced in cases involving major trauma have probably worked with clients with similar injuries on many occasions. This is of particular benefit when looking at funding rehabilitation and finding the right rehabilitation specialists for your particular needs.

If your current solicitor is inexperienced in working cases with major trauma injuries, this focus may not be present. As rehabilitation is vital to providing an injured person with the best possible outcome, a lack of a focus on rehabilitation, especially at a crucial time, may hinder the chances of getting that best possible outcome.

Can I change solicitors?

If you want to change your personal injury solicitor, you can. The process can be difficult but this will all be handled by an experienced solicitor at Major Trauma Group, ensuring your claim is not delayed unnecessarily.

Get advice from a serious injury solicitor about a no-win, no-fee compensation claim
Speak with a specialist in serious injury compensation
Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.

Simple steps to transfer your case to major trauma specialist solicitors

  1. Contact us and we will put you in touch with a specialist major trauma solicitor for your claim.
  2. Your new specialist solicitor will do the rest, which will involve:
    • Discussing with you the best way to fund your claim. Often this will be the same method of funding as used by your previous solicitor. We will then contact your previous solicitor where it is usually agreed that there will be nothing for you to pay at this stage.
    • The papers from your previous solicitor will be sent to your new solicitor so these can be reviewed with you. It can take a few weeks for all the papers to be transferred. The funding of your claim will then be confirmed allowing your new solicitor to discuss how best to progress your claim.
    • Your new solicitor will communicate the change of solicitor to all those that need to know.

Of course, your new major trauma specialist solicitor will keep you updated every step of the way.

The Major Trauma Group is a UK-wide network of experienced major trauma specialist solicitors who believe in the importance of rehabilitation.

If you would like to change solicitors to someone local and experienced with major trauma injuries, who have your rehabilitation as a primary focus, contact us for a no-obligation discussion on 0330 311 2578 or email us at

Struggling after injury?
See how Major Trauma Group can help...

Struggling after injury?
See how Major Trauma Group can help...

Who are the serious injury solicitors of Major Trauma Group, and how can they help me?

Who are the serious injury solicitors of Major Trauma Group, and how can they help me?

Serious injury? Get in touch to see if you can make a compensation claim

The logo for Major Trauma Group - providing legal support for people affected by serious injury

Share this article:

Read more about compensation after serious injury...

Related Posts

Skip to content