The Temporary Disabled Wetroom Range
WashPod is a unique range of rentable, accessible, temporary wetrooms that are modular and designed for the newly disabled by a team of architects who specialise in designing spaces for accessible living. The internal specifications can be tailored to meet any individual needs.
The larger models are fully compliant and all the units can be installed within a day or two, quickly and easily, either ‘bolted on’ to a property externally or erected internally in a spare room or even in the corner of a bedroom.
Their modularity means that they are self-contained, requiring no adaptations to the property except from connections to the water and waste supply, which is easily accommodated. This is great for rental properties where the WashPod can be quickly removed and the property easily left as it was found.
We believe that WashPod is unsurpassed by any alternative as it is designed by architects and professionals who have decades of experience in accessible design, adaptations and modular concepts.
- On-site within 1– 4 weeks; installation in 1– 3 days
- Minimum disruption – therefore less stress
- ‘Plug and Play’ for quick installation – water supplies and drainage do not need to be in the same room
- A choice of six models to suit most space requirements
- All units are modular and can be carried in sections through the front door of the house to access difficult spaces
- High quality products used to avoid breakdowns
- High functionality specification
- Low threshold entrance
- Stay at home in a safe environment in familiar surroundings
Costs can vary depending on the final specification and specific needs of an individual but rental rates are from as little as £180—£415 a week. In addition, there is an installation and removal charge and a deposit is required.
The WashPod Installation Process
- Assess floor plan and images to ascertain the viability
- Establish locations of the existing bathroom and kitchen for connection to services
- Face-time call from the client’s house
- If it’s a complicated survey, we will do a physical site survey
Connection to the Services
- When we connect into the existing hot and cold water system, we may have to drill holes into the property walls internally and externally but they are 15 mm diameter x 2
- We connect the waste from the macerator using micro bore technology requiring 32 mm diameter hole to the kitchen waste or existing bathroom waste
- A 13amp electrical socket is all that is required
- The Saniflo is a commercial macerator with a 10m head capacity we can pump 150m in distance
- Typically requires just two men 4 hours to install and handover
- All products fit through a standard doorway
- Only small hand tools are used to assemble so very little noise
- No chemicals are used during the installation process
- The workings of the WashPod are explained and a signed handover is completed.
Removal and Make Good
- We fill in any holes created by connection to services
- Tidy up and take away any rubbish
- Extremely positive, unsolicited testimonials on our service throughout