Headway West London is a charity that supports brain injury survivors and their families, carers and healthcare professionals. We are a small branch covering Ealing, Hammersmith and Fulham, Hounslow, Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster.
The services we offer include:
- Hospital outreach- we provide support for the brain injury clinic at the Major Trauma Centre at St Mary’s
- Signposting/advice/information- in the form of personalised support after getting in touch with each referral and having a discussion with them. This could involve signposting to legal advice, benefits, vocational support etc.
- A monthly support group and a range of events including educational talks and social events.
- A 6-week health and wellbeing programme which is aimed at brain injury survivors to help improve their self-management of their condition.
To be a member you must be:
- An adult aged 18+
- Within our catchment area (as stated above)
- Have had an acquired brain injury e.g. stroke, traumatic brain injury, encephalitis etc